Monthly Archives: January 2016
8 Km Walk/Run Sunday 28th February at 2pm
16km Cycle Sunday 14th February at 2pm
Biggest Loser Events
1. Group Weigh in on Sunday 17th January @ 6.00 pm in Complex
2. Assault Course on Sunday 31st January @ 2.00 pm
3. Fun Cycle on Sunday 14th February @ 2.00 pm – starting at Complex – 2 routes – 16km and 40 km
4. Road Run/Walk on Saturday/Sunday the 27th/28th Feb @ 2.00 pm. from GAA Complex, Tinnacross, The Harrow and finish at Boolavogue Church – All team members must complete this event. – there is also a short walk from the Grotto to Church on the Sunday.
5. Sponsorship money to be collected in Complex on Friday 4th March.
6. Final Weigh in on Saturday 5th March in the Monageer Tavern and winning team to be announced.
There will be training one night a week with the leaders at the pitch.
Lights are on the walking track at pitch form 5.00 to 9.30 pm each night including Saturday and Sunday.
Biggest Loser Weigh In
Time Schedule for Weigh In on Sunday 17th January 2016.
6.00 – Niall O Loughlin – Ballycarrigeen/Carrigeen
6.10 – Stephen O Leary – Ballymotey/Ballymurtagh
6.20 – Tommy Breen – Crane
6.30 – Stephen Murphy – Ballysimon
6.40 – Mark Walsh – Tinnacross
6.50 – Ray O Brien – Tomsollagh
7.00 – Mick Sweeney – Knocknaskeaugh
7.10 – Declan Kelly – Boolavogue
7.20 – Keith Swaine – Knockduff
7.30 – Paul Whelan – Coolgarrow
7.40 – Chris Daly – Killabeg
Refreshments will be served during weigh in.
Liam Cooper memorial match
Our annual Liam Cooper Memorial Match scheduled to take place on the 27th December had to be postponed due to bad weather and unplayable pitches. The draw took place on this Sunday. The winners were as follows: Gret Sweeney, Amanda Fortune, Kenneth Redmond, Nan Fenlon, Michael Heffernan, Conor Doyle, Nicola Turner, Matthew Dunne, Amanda Fenlon
Biggest Loser 2016
Our Biggest Loser competition will start on Sunday the 17th January 2016 with the Weigh in. Our leaders for this year are as follows:
Boolavogue/Ballyorley- Declan Kelly
Ballycarrigeen/Carrigeen – Niall O Loughlin
Knocknaskeaugh – Mick Sweeney
Tinnacross – Mark Walsh
Crane – Tommy Breen
Killabeg – Chris Daly
Tomsollagh – Ray O Brien
Knockduff/Clondaw – Keith Swaine
Ballysimon – Stephen Murphy
Ballymurtagh/Ballymotey – Stephen O Leary
Coolgarrow/Kilpierce – Paul Whelan
Dates and times for events to follow.
Anyone who wishes to support your leader in your townsland, please contact your leader.
Camogie Club AGM
The Camogie Club AGM will be held on Saturday the 9th January at 7:30pm following mass at 7pm in Monageer for the deceased members of the Camogie Club.
Everyone is welcome to attend.